Open Source J2EE™ Web Tier & Clustering
- To gain a detailed understanding of the usage and workings of the Open
Source implementations of the J2EE Web Tier and how it can be clustered.
The course is aimed at the technical developer who wishes to truly understand
the infrastructure they are using. It examines the new 2.4 standard and
what it does and doesn't tell you about implementing real world web applications.
The use and configuration of JBoss, Geronimo, Jetty and Tomcat are considered plus
several related open source technologies. While this is not an internals
course, details of the container implementation are presented where important
- Good working knowledge of Java.
Familiarity with HTML, HTTP and the web.
Background knowledge of J2EE technologies including Servlets, EJBs, JNDI and JDBC.
A notebook computer to participate in practical work.
Day 1 -- Web Applications & Containers
- Web Containers, HTTP Servers and Application servers
- The 2.4 Servlet Specification
- Servlets, Filters, Contexts, WARs, etc
- Servlets, HTML, JSP content and Other Options
- Dispatchers, Sessions, Listeners and Events
Day 2 -- Content and Deployment
- Content Generation: XML, SOAP, Cocoon, Struts, etc
- Connectivity: EJB, JNDI, JDBC, etc
- Deployment Configurations and options
Day 3 -- Advanced & Workshop
- Security, Authentication, Confidentiality, Single Sign On, Untrusted Code
- Management, Debugging, Statistics, Optimization
Day 4 -- Clustering
- Hot StandBy, Fail Over, Availability, Scaling
- Load Balancing (Apache/mod_jk and others...)
- HttpSession distribution (Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Geronimo)
- Shared Stores, In memory replication, Partitioning
Map to Hotel:
© 2003 Core Developers Network Ltd
"Core Developers Network", the stylized apple logo and "Core Associates" are trademarks of Core Developers Network Ltd. All other trademarks are held by their respective owners. Core Developers Network Ltd is not affiliated with any of the respective trademark owners.